Affects Version/s: 126.96.36.199120
Fix Version/s: None
Environment:Wet cold and slippery
Took me forever to figure out the sequence of actions that were blocking me from editing materials properly
1) Rez a cube
2) Go to the texture tab
3) Set dropdown to shininess (specular)
4) Set any texture as your specular map
5) Check "Sync Materials Layers"
6) Delete the cube (trust me)
7) Rez ANOTHER cube
8) Go to the texture tab
9) Set the dropdown to shininess (Specular)
10) Set any texture as your specular map
Result: You can't edit repeats and offsets, and sync materials layers is unchecked
11) Check "Sync materials layers" again
12) Uncheck "Sync materials layers"
VIOLA! It's unlocked
I think this has been in alchemy about as long as the material syncing...